November 1, 2006

Where I've Been

For those of you wondering where I've gone, don't worry, I've once again immersed myself in writing. I've been rather busy this week, with a number of essays due. The first I handed in last friday, a paper for my practicum where I imagined what would happen if a seminary became a training ground for the missionally-minded, a place where one could customize their own curriculum for the ministry that God has laid on their heart (whether it be in corporate america or in a slum in Bangkok). If you're interested in reading it, email me and if you ask nicely, I'll consider posting it.

Amidst the various social events of the week (including dinner with Pete and Lisa, and Jericho night tonight) and the mission-related events (orchestra on monday and spent the day at Urban Seed on tuesday), I've spent my free time working on a longer paper. This paper, due tomorrow, is a paper in which I will ... I hope ... describe a philosophy of worship suitable for the postmodern age in which we find ourselves. It SHOULD be easy, since any philosophy of worship should simply reflect biblical principles, but somewhere along the line, the concept got muddled up a bit by the various denominations. And so, in this postmodern age of inter-denominational dialogue, I attempt to find a universal philosophy of worship that can then be applied to each denomination and culture in turn, allowing each their own expression.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: