August 1, 2005

Rushing Patience

You may recall a week or two ago, I wrote a piece about being patient. I talked about waiting to order this new laptop I want so badly. At the time, I figured that once the time was right, I'd order it and the waiting would be over.

I was wrong.

I ordered the laptop last tuesday when I discovered a one-day deal where I could get it 40% off. It was a once-in-a-great-while opportunity, one that my wife and I discussed and finally agreed to take. So, at the end of volleyball when my wrist was killing me from one too many (albeit amazing) serves, I pulled out my current laptop (yes, soon to be my wife's) and did the deed.

And it's still not here.

I went on the website thinking "What's up? I was patient, I waited a few months, why isn't it here yet?" Turns out that it's not scheduled for delivery until roughly August 16. I mean, damn, what's a guy gotta do to get what he wants without waiting forever?

So I guess my lesson on patience has been postponed ... or perhaps extended is a better word ... for a few weeks. Apparently I didn't get it quite right the first time.

1 comment:

jessvancity said...

the agony of waiting will just make the delivery day all the more sweeter!
until then, suck it up! heh.